Dadford's Warehouse

Dadfords Warehouse - now a boat yard

Just behind Stuart's cone is Dadford's Warehouse, which was built between 1884 and 1903. It was named after Thomas Dadford Junior, the engineer who supervised the building of the canal between 1776 and 1779. Originally, it was used as a trans-shipment shed for the transfer of goods from road to water mainly by the Webbs' seed business on Plant Street. It was given a new lease of life as a boat-yard in 1995.