A Brief History of Wall Heath

Fowler's map of Kingswinford Parish in 1827 shows no buildings at all in the High Street except the Horse & Jockey Inn and a few scattered buildings around the village.

Many of the original buildings belonged to the Earl of Dudley and were built for his tenant farmers in the late 18th Century. However deeds to the properties were not drawn up until they were split from the Dudley Estate and sold in the early 1900's.

Wall Heath MapAshwood HouseSummerhill CourtSmithyWall Heath WindmillChurchChurch of AscensionHolbeach FarmStallings Lane FarmMalt HouseWall Heath ForgeHeath End CottageHolbeach (Holbeche) HouseHimley ChurchWater Mill